What is ADSL Modem Error 1024 on Windows Vista?
And how do I rectify it!
1) Go to ‘Start’.
2) ‘Run’ >> ‘msconfig’.
3) Click on ‘Startup’ on the tabs along the top.
4) Then under ‘Command’ try to find: C:\Program Files\Speedtouch\……
5) To make sure that it is ‘Speedtouch’, check that it says ‘Speedtouch’ and that it has a blue tick next to it.
6) Untick the blue tick from the box. Make sure the right one is selected or else this could harm your PC.
7) Then click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Close’.
8) Restart your PC and voila, no more error 1024!
9) Again do not try this if you are unsure as it can harm the computer.
For details of the options available for
Residential DSL Broadband click here